Sunday, January 25, 2015

Casey Junior's Circus Special

As I mentioned before, I was unable to ride the Storybook Land canal boats due to them being closed, BUT I was able to hop onto Casey Junior's Circus Train instead! Always good to have alternatives. I took the opportunity to snap a recent shot of what was once this attraction's ticket booth.

Interesting to note that while the chimney now has a whimsical bend to it, the roof tiles have taken a turn towards dullsville.

A closer look at the ticket window for you:

Back to present day, as I waited (somewhat) patiently in the line queue, I photographed Casey making his journey back towards the station.

Here he comes…I wonder which car I'll get?

Turning around I shot these beautiful topiary arches, which look even better at night when the lights are twinkling.

All aboard!

See more Daveland vintage & current Disneyland Casey Jr. photos at my main website.

Follow my Daveland updates on Twitter and view my most recent photos on Flickr.


K. Martinez said...

The new signage kills the architecture of the Casey Jr. station/former ticket booth. Tacky tack-on. I'm pretty sure the station chimney has always had a whimsical bent to it.

I'm guessing those minaret shaped topiary arches are supposed to represent Aladdin since the next scene is the Cave of Wonders.

I love the patchwork quilt shot where you capture the entire Casey Jr. Circus Train. Nice job as always. Thanks, Dave.

Dave DeCaro said...

Good catch on the chimney, Ken - I guess angle of the shot has everything to do with my perception!