Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Disneyland 1962, Pt. 5



Sure is taking a long time to get around Tom Sawyer’s Island, isn’t it? Today's post starts out in a blaze of glory, as we view the Burning Cabin. The sicko inside of me has to zoom in for a glory closeup of the settler with an arrow through his chest. Somebody needs to prune back the shrubs—I can’t see all the blood & gore!



The not-so-real Indian Settlement:



And if you peer through all the brush and branches, you can see guests enjoying a leisurely ride on the Pack Mule attraction:



By stitching together 2 shots, I was able to create this panoramic shot of Rainbow Ridge:



To finish up this series, I leave you with two dock shots from The Jungle Cruise:





See more Disneyland Rivers of America photos at my main website.

7 comments:

Snow White Archive said...

Always loved the burning cabin, and that's a mighty fine close-up on the pierced settler.

Connie Moreno said...

I too, always loved the burning cabin. It was exciting and it never made me think badly of Indians. These were great to see!

The Viewliner Limited said...

Great panoramic shot of Rainbow Ridge Dave. A real beauty!

TokyoMagic! said...

Yes, great panoramic shot....thanks for the stitch job!

The Blue Parrot said...

A fine view there of "Uncle Ed, in his Arrow shirt, welcoming folks to his house warming party."

Yes, I miss the Keelboats and jokes like that...

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of the Burning Cabin. Interesting!

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

All excellent, but the panoramic shot of Rainbow Ridge is Marvelous, WOW, nice work Dave! THANKS!