Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Zorro/Guy Williams at Disneyland



It still blows my mind that Guy Williams, the actor who portrayed Zorro in the runaway hit TV series, actually made his own appearances at Disneyland. I can only imagine what it was like as a kid back in the day to be able to see him do his daring sword fights at the park and then to be able to actually meet him. Photo number one has the Frontierland Depot visible to the rear. In photo #2, Guy graciously signs the autographs of his young fans. Check out all those souvenir Zorro hats!



A shot of Walt on the set of Zorro; sure would love to have a transcription of that conversation!



See more Zorro photos at my website.

11 comments:

The Viewliner Limited said...

My all-time favorite live Disney character. Zorro was awesome. Great pics.

Anonymous said...

Such a different time. Thanks for the pics!

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Neat Post - Zorro is underrated, I wonder when Johnny Depp will be signed to play Zorro in the Remake?

The Lost in Space theme song is playing in my head (over and over) thanks Dave!!!

Here, this is just for you:

"Its a world of laughter, a world or tears - its a world of hopes, its a world of fear - theres so much that we share that its time we're aware - its a small world after all"

Connie Moreno said...

How awesome these photos are! A few months ago, I went to the Disney Studios to see the premiere of the Princess and the Frog. When I arrived at the studio, I was directed to the Zorro parking structure. I thought "That's an odd name for a parking structure". I parked my car and started walking...then I noticed a bronze plaque that said: "On this site was the outdoor set for Zorro" (or something to that effect). Anyway, it made me a bit sad that it was gone :-(

Connie Moreno said...

Wait! Johnny Depp as Zorro? Ya, baby!!!

Anonymous said...

I was "smitten" with Zorro/Guy Williams as a girl. Nice to see him here.

Daveland said...

Connie - We were both at the premiere! Wish I'd known at the time.

Major Pepperidge said...

I loved "Zorro" as a kid; those photos are really great. Hey, maybe that's Zorro in the Casa de Fritos poster (see Kevin Kidney's blog)!

Anonymous said...

Walt - Put down that cigarerett.

TokyoMagic! said...

That first pic reminds me (not in a good way) of the kids today battling it out with Darth Vader on the Tomorrowland Terrace stage. Personally, I'd rather meet Zorro!

Carly said...

Can you imagine if today's Disney Channel stars made appearances to sign autographs? The mobs would ruin the parks! I'm glad they don't do this anymore.