Monday, February 10, 2020

Rain in Tomorrowland, 1958



If you’re an old-timer like me, you know this song is bull:

Seems it never rains in southern California
Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before
It never rains in California, but girl, don't they warn ya?
It pours, man, it pours


This August 1958 image of the Tomorrowland Depot at Disneyland is all the proof you need!



Just look at those yellow slickers the cast members are wearing! Despite the rain, it must have still been pretty warm, judging by the shorts most of the guests are wearing.



Note the Autopia Richfield Eagle and the Skyway pylon; both long gone.



In case that song is stuck in your head, might as well watch it on youtube!



See more Disneyland DLRR Tomorrowland Depot photos at my main website.

3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

It definitely rains in California, but vintage photos of rainy Disneyland are pretty scarce! I only have a few, and none are as nice as this one.

Stefano said...

An honest-to-goodness tropical SoCal summer storm, rare but memorable. I remember a couple days of sultry rain in L.A. when Elvis died in August 1977. Yeah there were comments: even nature was sorry to see him go...

Anonymous said...

Rained on me on my last solo visit. I was ready to head home anyway.

JG