Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Portland Adventures, Pt. 3: Waterfront Sunrise



One of the things I enjoyed most about my stay in Portland for the 2019 UCDA Design Conference was being able to get a good morning run in along the waterfront. Unencumbered by stoplights, the waterfront provided gorgeous views and the ability to run continuously for over an hour. Thank you Portland! One morning, I actually ran with the camera so that I could capture the sunrise and the silhouette of the city.

While the majority of the waterfront run was on flat territory, there were enough dips, turns, bridges, and stairs (if you chose to use them) to keep things interesting.



And the moon was still shining; yes, it was an early morning run!







The Maritime Museum is located on this little boat; unfortunately according to signage it was closed due to maintenance and lack of volunteers.



In the distance you can see Mount Hood:



See more Portland, Oregon photos at my main website.

1 comment:

Matthew said...

Oh my gosh! Thank you for running with your camera (that couldn't have been easy). These images are beautiful. I miss running in the morning. I hope to return to it soon. I would listen to Phil Wickham as I ran. I would reach the intersection of Jamboree & Portola just about the time the sun was rising and his song, "Beautiful" from Sing Along 2 would arrive on the iPod.

"I see Your face in every sunrise. The colors of the morning are inside Your eyes. The world awakens in the light of the day. I look up to the sky and say, You're beautiful."

Your images this morning remind me of that song, and Mount Hood is spectacular. Thank you Dave for sharing these with us!

Always your pal,
Amazon Belle