Friday, March 31, 2017

A Very Pink History



Faithful readers of this blog know what a nut I am for The Pink House, one of my favorite restaurants in Savannah, Georgia. The recent acquisition of a vintage slide has spawned today's post, which shows this Savannah staple through the years. First up is a previously posted shot from 1958 when it was known as the Georgian Tea Room. This June 1966 shot shows the Tea Room framed perfectly by the trees in Reynold Square.



Yup...still serving Tea.



This Spring 2005 image is from my very first trip to Savannah and the Pink House.



Yes, back when my hair still had color.



Two more contemporary views of the exterior:





And of course the main reason I go here every time I visit Savannah: the infamous Fried Pork Chop.



Get more Pink at my main website.

No comments: