Friday, March 17, 2017

Steve Allen and Casey Jr.



More from Steve Allen's December 1957 trip to Disneyland. The accompanying publicity blurb for their spin around Fantasyland aboard Casey Jr. was as follows:

Steve Allen's three sons, eleven year-old Brian; Steve Jr., 13; and David, seven, leave Fantasyland for Frontierland during a recent visit to Disneyland.

I think the reporter was a little mixed up, or just not familiar with Casey's journey.

Apparently actress Donna Reed was also there that day.



I won't even try to connect the dots on that one.



Meanwhile, Happy St. Patrick's Day to all who celebrate, especially my friends in Savannah where they need a year-round headquarters for today's parade.



More photos and pop culture fun at my main website.

3 comments:

Chuck said...

Steve Allen and Donna Reed starred together in the 1956 film The Benny Goodman Story, although why they would be promoting that connection almost two years after the film's release, I have no idea. Maybe they just ran into each other. Donna does seem to be dressed in the standard celebrity-keeping-a-low-profile-in-Disneyland outfit of the period.

I wonder ...if you got it going fast enough, could you actually take Casey, Jr., to Frontierland? Maybe once.

K. Martinez said...

I can just see Casey Jr. rolling down the tracks through the Living Desert. That actually might look pretty cool.

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you, Dave!

Anonymous said...

Love that Polaroid camera in the last shot. I remember those!

Happy St. Paddy's Day to all. KS