Friday, March 28, 2014

Flying Saucer Friday



Yet another new acquisition for my Disneyland Flying Saucer collection. Today's image from March 1963 shows the unbridled joy (and possibly frustration) for guests that were able to ride this Tomorrowland attraction.

The joy: those who were able to get the hang of the vehicles and glide effortlessly around the arena. The frustration: those who couldn't, and found themselves stuck in one area.



This previously posted image was most likely taken by the same photographer, as it features some of the same guests.



See more vintage Disneyland Flying Saucer photos from my collection on my main website.

1 comment:

K. Martinez said...

I can't get over how dapper these guys look. How times have changed.

I got the hang of Luigi's Flying Tires, but found no joy out of them. If anything, the beach balls were an annoyance and the wait too long. I heard all that's changed now. They do look visually great though.