Sunday, March 20, 2011

Getting Mod: July 29, 1973 Pt. 1



Welcome to the 1970’s! If you’re not sure that these photos are from the polyester decade, please check out this closeup of the previous photo.

Mutton Chops: Check.
Combover: Check.
White Vinyl Belt: Check.



Now that we’ve got that established, we can hop aboard the Horse-Drawn Streetcar and journey up Main Street U.S.A. to Central Plaza & The Castle.







If the Streetcar isn’t your thang, then you can hop on the Fire Engine...



or my personal fave, The Omnibus. I always feel like an Osmond when I ride on the top level (true children of the 60s/70s will understand that reference).



I’m going to stop at the Plaza Inn and have a little fried chicken. Catch up with me tomorrow for some more glorious 1973 images.



See more vintage and contemporary Disneyland Central Plaza photos at my main website.

4 comments:

Connie Moreno said...

I was laughing my butt off and can hardly wait for more. Ish, what an ugly era, clotheswise!

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Even the color's in these 70's photos seem to match the styles of the day!

I get that same "I'm an Osmond" feeling every time I exit the Haunted Mansion and think about what to do next "What would Donny do"? and "Would E.J. approve?"...

stu29573 said...

"Down on the corner..." It's almost a Disney song now!

TokyoMagic! said...

I love DL in the seventies. They need to bring back those psychedelic shopping bags! Thank you for sharing these, Dave....can't wait to see more.