Saturday, September 01, 2007

More Chicken of the Sea & Skull Rock



What a sourpuss! Maybe she needs to grab a Tuna Boat over at the Chicken of the Sea Pirate Ship Restaurant. I really love this view showing Skull Rock and the paths behind the ship; sure looks inviting, and makes a nice place to hide-out while the little beasts run screaming around Fantasyland. On this one from October 1965, I want to know how long it took this gal to do her hair. Even if she’s not around anymore, that hair is probably still in perfect condition. And you just know that poor sap in the red shirt can’t wait for his wife to take the picture so he can hand her the shopping bag to carry. All the guys back at work would really work him over if they saw him now!



Check out more Chicken of the Sea photos on my regular website.

3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

I hope the sourpuss doesn't fall backwards into that radioactive water! Then she'll turn into a 50-foot sourpuss.

FoxxFur said...

What astonishing colors - I wonder if you can do anything to a motion picture camera, manually, to get those totally unlifelike colors naturally. Looks like 20's-era hand coloring.

Gavin Elster said...

Ah now that first picture is my kind of picture. She looks so hateful in the Happiest Place on Earth.
I'm getting such a chuckle from that sour mug and that "snatch me now" purse dangle.
Thanks for posting this picture it made my day.