Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Storybook Land in FauxD©



Today I am going to do a post with some depth. Using the magic of my patented process of FauxD©, you can get a semi-three dimensional view of Storybook Land. First up is a May 1961 stereoscopic slide showing the Tremaine home.


This contemporary shot shows that it's still there, basking in the golden hues of sunset.



This vintage stereoscopic view from the 1950's shows the home of Practical Pig. He's the smart one that built his home of bricks.



Looking very much the same, here's his home in a photo that I shot somewhat recently.



Note the detail on this miniature; you can even see a rusted lock on the front door!



See more vintage & current Disneyland Storybook Land photos on my Storybook Land photo web page.

5 comments:

Hugs said...

I absolutely love your Faux D! Now if I could only just miniaturize myself (ATIS) and go inside of the Tremaine home.....oooooh.

Robin's Egg Bleu said...

I love Storybook Land. And hey...most people don't know Cinderella's last name was Tremaine!

K. Martinez said...

I love that there's an attraction in Disneyland where you can see references to the old Silly Symphonies animated shorts like "The Three Little Pigs", "The Old Mill" and "Lullaby Land". Storybook Land is truly a charming place.

Anonymous said...

Storybook Land is my favorite place in Disneyland, bar none. I could ride the boats and Casey all day without a complaint.

Dave, any chance of seeing the vintage slides w/o the 3D treatment? are they in your collection pages?

JG

Bryce said...

I love the 3D! Please keep posting those!