Friday, July 09, 2010

Freaky Fridays @ The Haunted Mansion: NBC—Behind-the-Scenes



Before we enter The Mansion with the NBC overlay, thought I’d post a few behind-the-scenes shots from the making of Tim Burton’s “Nightmare Before Christmas.” The whole concept of stop-motion animation fascinates me; the amount of creative genius combined with unfailing precision required boggles my mind.



















See more Disneyland Haunted Mansion photos at my website.

This Tim Burton classic is now available on Blu-ray. Both versions include a digital copy of the movie. LOTS of extras, and for Disneyland fans, there is a way cool tour of the Haunted Mansion with the NBC overlay.

6 comments:

Connie Moreno said...

Incredible post! But wait...you're on the left coast like me and you posted 2 hours ago. What are you doing up so early??? LOL

Daveland said...

Fortunately, blogger allows you to do posts ahead of time - what a timesaver! Now Connie - what are YOU doing up so early??

Connie Moreno said...

Duh, forgot about that. What am I doing up so early? Reading blogs, LOL!

Major Pepperidge said...

Now Connie knows our secret!

This is a great group of photos... can you imagine how much fun it must have been to work on this movie? Hard work of course, but a dream come true for many.

Katella Gate said...

Nightmare was a great movie. I remember leaving the theater stunned by the weird beauty of it all.

Very few things can get me to shut up, but this film certainly did.

Disney Nametags and More said...

I love photo KP29-BA-344 ... Burton walks the razor's edge that lies between absolute genius and profound insanity ... though he tends to wander both sides of that line with both reckless and joyful abandon.