Friday, April 30, 2010

Freaky Fridays @ The Haunted Mansion: Exterior & Oogie Boogie Handouts



Just a few photos to show you the differences guests see during the Halloween Season at The Haunted Mansion.

Oogie has even taken over the popcorn machine nearby:











Proving that this attraction looks better at night, here are a few from January 2003:







And a few more from earlier that same day:











The 2nd time Haunted Mansion Holiday occurred, I made sure I went. This 2-sided handout was given out so that guests could track all the Oogie Boogies located on the attraction:





See more Disneyland Haunted Mansion photos at my website.

7 comments:

Katella Gate said...

I love this Holiday Redress for the Haunted Mansion. I love the obvious thought and care that went into it, and how it complements the underlying attraction.

Anonymous said...

Dave, I love your blog and daily posts...I epsecially look forward to Thursdays (POTC) and Fridays HM)...but WHY Haunted Mansion Holiday??!! YUCK!!!! Cant you just stick to the regular classic HM? Now we have to wait an entire week for another HM post :(

Daveland said...

For what it is, HMH is creative and fun...but as I've said before, I don't think it bears repeated ride-throughs like the regular mansion.

TokyoMagic! said...

Hey, why'd they stop passing out that Oogie map? I never got one of those! Do they still post the Christmas "Scarols" alongside the queue? I don't remember seeing those the last couple years.

outsidetheberm said...

As a purist, I'd have to agree with you, Dave. The original still holds up better.

The overlay, however, is a monumental achievement by itself. Enjoying it every 'other' year seems to work best for some of us.

Daveland said...

Chris - I think they only handed the maps out during the first two years. I don't remember seeing them ever again. And I am pretty sure that the Scarols are there still.

Christopher A. Klingler said...

FUN FUN FUN!!!

CK :-)