Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Nature’s Wonderland 1960 Construction, Pt. 2



Today’s Nature’s Wonderland construction photos illustrate the enlargement and sprucing up of Rainbow Ridge, the quaint little mining town that was part of Nature’s Wonderland. Imagine all of the detail that Imagineers put into a little town that guests would never even be able to visit. Despite the slightly smaller scale, they look convincingly authentic.













View more Disneyland Nature’s Wonderland photos at my main website.

8 comments:

TokyoMagic! said...

More incredible construction pics! The view in the second to last shot, looking up at that cabin...it reminds me of the outlaw's hideout in the movie, "Johnny Guitar."

Connie Moreno said...

Man, how I wish I could show these to my dad. This was his favorite attraction at Disneyland.

Sam Towler said...

Keep these shots coming, I love shots I haven't seen like these before!

Thufer said...

This set of post have been most enjoyable. An excellent look into this little bit of history.

Bob Weaver said...

Fantastic and interesting photos!

JG said...

Wow's there's more?

Thank you Dave!

JG

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

5th shot down, do I see Cascade Peak under construction???

This are so awesome Dave, OK I'l say, they're historic!

THANKS DAVE!!!

Anonymous said...

Fantabulous fotos from frontierland. I loved the old -- and the newer-- Mine Train and still enjoy imagining the ride around Cascade Peak when strolling Thunder Trail ... or cruising the Rivers of America. These BW construction photos are a dream come true for me.