Monday, October 29, 2007

1960’s Batch: Pt. 5



It’s transportation day in Frontierland, and we’ll start off with my favorite, The Floating Breakroom...oops, I mean the Mark Twain, followed by The Columbia.



In the interest of moving onto other things slightly more interesting, I’ll go ahead and finish up this series today with 2 more Skyway shots. #1 is of the sub area (missing the mermaids) and the other is Fantasyland, with a little bit of Alice showing.





Went to the park this weekend for their Halloween festivities; the DCA Halloween Treat is definitely for the kiddies, but even taking that into consideration, it is slightly on the lame side. Here are some pics from the weekend, beginning with a heretofore unnoticed “Hear no evil” shot at the Bengal BBQ in Adventureland:



Riverbelle Terrace is getting closer to opening and looks like it’s being prepped for a fresh coat of paint:



Not sure if this had ever been done before, but it was also the first time I’d seen any tribute to Dia de los Muertos. Thumbs up to this one; hope there is more to it in the future. A little dark (aka the Burning Cabin) can be good.











See more vintage and contemporary Disneyland photos at my main website.

2 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

That 1969 series has great color, they could have been taken yesterday! Or is that due to your color-correction skills?

Thanks for the Riverbelle Terrace updates, I'm happy to see that it isn't being ruined.

Gavin Elster said...

Thank you for posting the day of the dead photos. I snapped some pictures of it over the weekend too. The halloween event was cute. I saw two little skeleton pirates dueling it out by the front gate. The costumed kids seemed to be having a great time.
It looked like they were going to have some happy memories of that day. I wish they had this event when I was a little kid.