Sunday, January 28, 2007

A Day at Disneyland, 1965 Series, Pt. 3



Today is the last post of this series, and your last chance to see the gray tooth (even a white chiclet stuck in front would have helped). This duo really seemed to love the grittiness of the Rivers of America, including the Burning Cabin and the AA Indian Village. Obviously, Fantasyland was not there cup of tea (pun intended). Of this whole faded bunch, the shot of Cascade Peak and NW Train are pretty much my fave.











See more vintage and contemporary Disneyland photos at my main website.

4 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

I think that if I divided all my slides up by "land", Frontierland would be by FAR the largest stack. People were just endlessly fascinated by the recreation of the old west. There was a lot to take pictures of there, of course...that helps. Tomorrowland got the least amount of love!

Daveland said...

Major - I agree that Frontierland (due to the Rivers of America) would probably be the largest stack, however, according to the hits on my website, Tomorrowland is the one that most people of today want to see - probably because it is so cool looking in a vintage retro way (and the one land that has changed for the worse compared to the others).

Hrundi V. Bakshi said...

Oh Grey Tooth Grandma - they just don't make 'em like that anymore . . . .

Mr. Mouse Monthly said...

Awesome shot of the Columbia across TSI with the sails down! I've always want to see that, but they don't seem to allow it these days. The NW train going under the waterfall is great too.