Saturday, January 27, 2007

A Day at Disneyland, 1965 Series, Pt. 2



Today is the debut of “The Tooth.” First off, I will show a few pics from our Duo’s Jungle Cruise, and then finish up with our Red-Scarfed Heroine awaiting The Mark Twain for her first trip around the Rivers of America. Tomorrow, I will post a plethora of pics from that trip, as it seemed to be the highlight of their day, judging by the number of shots taken from the Twain.







I am also going to include two pics I discovered via The Disney Blog this morning about a new photo series by Annie Leibovitz to go along with the Year of a Million Dreams Campaign. Here are two shots from that campaign. The first is Scarlett Johansson as Cinderella, and the 2nd is Soccer Star David Beckham as the handsome Prince from “Sleeping Beauty.” These shots are beautiful, and an excellent example of how modern day celebrity can be mixed with the classics of old to bring a new audience to Disney AND the park. So, yes, it looks like Disney will continue to keep packing 'em in for a long time!





To read the USA Today article about this, click here.

And one more before I close for today—yesterday, I stumbled upon a Disneyland Chat Forum that had linked to a number of my pics as well as Gorilla’s; one of the people on the forum commented about “all the free publicity” that I was receiving from their board. For anybody who thinks I am doing this for the money and that I am making a ton of dough from posting these pics, let me say it here: in the year I have been posting these pics, I have received a $20 donation from one kind gent, and that is it. This is definitely a labor of love and a desire to share these pics of yesterday with the many who enjoy them. And as anyone knows who buys vintage photos/slides, they do not come cheap. End of rant.

See more vintage and contemporary Disneyland photos at my main website.

3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Great photos as always..."the tooth", ha ha! A little Liquid Paper might help.

I'd love to see that comment about your "free publicity". People are kooky, no doubt about it. I don't expect to make a dime from my blog, and only wish to share photos that would otherwise sit in boxes for no one else to enjoy. In fact, when I find a good slide or two these days, I am happy to know that I can post it for folks who love Disneyland as much as I do.

I know that you spend a lot of time (and money!) on your blogging. Don't let the occasional "crank" get you down...MOST people look, enjoy, and appreciate what you do!

Matterhorn1959 said...

Dave- I agree with Major's comment. I do not expect anything from the blog besides the enjoyment I get from sharing pieces of my collection. I look at like I have invited all these people to my house to gaze at the collection, and then have a big old discussion about it! Please let us know which chat site as I would love to post comments there!

Tinker Bell said...

I'm a little curious why they didn't use Sleeping Beauty Castle for the Prince Phillip/David Beckham shot.
Thanks for christening my new blog with its first comment btw! :D