Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Wednesday WOW: 1959 Tomorrowland



This is definitely a "wow" batch of images; each one provides some juicy closeup opportunities! Shot #1 is one of my best photos of the Monorail at the Tomorrowland station, most likely shot from a Skyway Bucket.

This Moonliner shot is a nice overview of Tomorrowland and gives us three great detailed mini-shots:



An early view of the Flight Circle (pre Cox-Pilot days!):



Business is booming at the Space Bar:



The iconic Disneyland sign is visible behind one of the administration buildings backstage.



Wouldn't it be great to locate the photograph that this other photographer was taking at the same time?





See more Disneyland Tomorrowland photos at my regular website.

8 comments:

CoxPilot said...

Looks like the Wen-Mac banners are up. Great shot of the admin / wardrobe / locker room building. Those stairs lead up to the mens lockers and showers on the left. Wardrobe was below, on the right of the stairs.

stu29573 said...

I love Moonliner pics! I built a flying model rocket of the Moonliner for a contest recently and I'd like to report that yes, even though it has no real fins, the Moonliner is stable. I got several hundred feet out of her and brought her down on a parachute with just a busted footpad for damage. Cool!

Connie Moreno said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome!

Daveland said...

Stu - i think you need to share some photos of your Moonliner - would be great to see!

stu29573 said...

I'm not sure hopw to post pics, but I will if you tell me how! There is a two part newsletter article on it on my club's site dars.org (look under "library" and then "newsletter archive" Sept/Oct, Nov/Dec issues...

Daveland said...

Stu - You can email them to me and then I can add them to a post. dvdpicasso@aol.com

stu29573 said...

Will do!

Snow White Archive said...

Love the monorail shot. I'm a huge enthusiast for monorails, people movers and the like. When I travel, it's never a disappointment to half to do a layover at an airport...it gives me time to catch a ride on local people mover tram.