Friday, June 13, 2008

Disneyland: In Living Color, 1958



Back to color today, as I begin a series that is undated, but most likely from early 1958. The first view is typical: The Main Street Train Station. I believe that so far, this is my earliest shot that shows the Kalamazoo Handcar . Shot #2 is why I believe I can date these to 1958; The Mark Twain is chugging by a still-under-construction Columbia.





Meanwhile, back over on the banks of the Rivers of America, The Silver Banjo Barbecue is open for biz:





See more vintage & current Disneyland photos at my website.

3 comments:

Thufer said...

seeing the columbia under construction is a special treat this friday morning.

the river front must have been a truly vibrant setting. how anyone could say 'buried in the park' is beyond me. sorry, but to me the location of the banjo was almost one of the best in the park.
my favorite would be the coffee garden back on main street, but second would have to be this location.

Unknown said...

That is a great shot of the Silver Banjo. I do love the regular shots that show the pathways and the landscape architecture of the park.

Major Pepperidge said...

Wowee kazowee! I thought that the shot of the Silver Banjo BBQ was pretty great, but that photo with the Columbia under construction is SUPER amazing!