Saturday, October 20, 2007

Nature’s Wonderland Trio



Here are 3 miscellaneous views showing what was being advertised in yesterday’s Nature’s Wonderland banner. #1 is from July 1961 and shows a little Pack Mule action, sauntering by Rainbow Ridge. View #2 is from October 1963, and i have included a closeup of the NW Mine Train as it chugs closer to the Devil’s Paint Pots:





Last view shows some of the AA “wild life” along the way, meant to be an extension of the True-Life Adventure films:



See more vintage Disneyland Nature’s Wonderland photos at my main website.

3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

That first slide is really fantastic, great color and clarity. I remember the first time I noticed that the pack mules passed above Rainbow Ridge, it was pretty surprising...and this is the best picture I've ever seen of it.

Stub Winged Bilge Rat said...

Wow! Gigantra and her trusty steed are as big as that whole house. Oh wait a minute, maybe that's just a problem with perspective. Nevermind.

Daveland said...

Gigantra - that is hilarious! I wonder if any of the people in these pics have seen themselves! I always feel slightly self conscious about what I say...but not enough to stop me completely from commenting.