Wednesday, January 10, 2007

So close...



This is one of those slides that comes SO close to being a fave; it was either botched by a double exposure or was shot through a window (I choose the double exposure theory). The Fantasyland Depot is on the left, and the Fantasyland Viewliner Station is on the right with the Viewliner pulled in. I am including close-ups of those two areas. This one is undated, but obviously sometime between 1957/58.





From the same batch comes this clear shot of the Fantasyland Depot.



See more vintage Disneyland Viewliner photos at my main website.

3 comments:

DisneyDutchman said...

How cool and what a bummer in the same sentance. This is the view I've been waiting for and look what's happened. There just aren't many pics of the Fantasyland Viewliner Station and then to have it double exposed - WOW!! Look how good the other pics in the same lot are!! WOW!!!! I don't know what else to say. Thanks Dave, your right about how good this one could have been!! WOW!!! DD

DisneyDutchman said...

Just looked at the close up!! Thanks VERY VERY much for taking the time to include this. It shows a bunch of detail of the Station. If all I had seen was the close up I would be doing back flips!!! Thanks again Dave!!! DD

Chris Merritt said...

I have NEVER seen that sign for the Viewliner! Thanks Dave!