Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Recycling in Tomorrowland



The closing of the classic Sub Voyage really sucked. However, the news of the Nemo Submarine Voyage going into the long wasted lagoon is definitely great news for ’07. Here are some pics of the progress so far. It’s also cool to see them recycling the old subs, now painted a bright yellow.









Granted, this is a departure from my vintage photos, but I thought the readers out there would be glad to know that new life is coming to this old favorite attraction. Let’s hope it turns out to be as good as the hype. Tomorrow, I promise to be back with the vintage stuff!

See more vintage and contemporary Disneyland photos at my main website.

3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Wow, these are great! I couldn't see diddly when I was there a few months ago, it really feels like it will be ready this year.

I am so curious as to how this ride will differ from the original...obviously Nemo and friends will be there, but will anything remain from the old ride?

DisneyDutchman said...

Cool update Dave!! DD

Tinker Bell said...

Cool pictures! So vibrant, I love it. I've never been into the Pixarization of rides at Disneyland, but this one looks like it should be all right. Definitely not as great as the original though, but hey, we take what we can get! :)