Monday, January 29, 2007

Disneyland 1956, Pt. 1



Here goes another series; this lot is undated, but most likely 1956. I’ll start off with, what else, Main Street (I hope those Legionnaires didn’t come from Philadelphia) and end with Central Plaza (that popcorn looks mighty tasty). I sure love Technicolor/Kodachrome 50s slides; they rarely need color retouching.





And for all you Knott-heads, I have added a Knotts Berry Farm page to my website. No, I am not collecting these, but often with the Disneyland slides come a few from Knotts. Enjoy.



See more vintage and contemporary Disneyland photos at my main website.

2 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Amazing color!

Those cement showgirls sure were popular (along with their cowboy counterparts), every lot of Knott's slides has at least one photo of them (and usually two or three).

Merlinsguy said...

Gotta say, love the Knott's stuff. These shots are truly of the early period.