Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Walt Disney Concert Hall



Just like my opinion of Billie Holiday, the Walt Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles was not an entity that I immediately embraced. Seeing the drawings/model out of context from its environment, I really thought it was an ugly piece of modern crap. Seeing it in person, it really is an amazing architectural wonder and will make your jaw drop (in a good way). Like so many things, taking something out of context can lead to poor judgments and critiques. This visit to the Hall, I saw the Lillian Disney sculpture for the first time. What a beautiful setting. Kudos to Frank Gehry on this one.







And what would a Daveland post be without a shot of the signage?



For more Daveland Walt Disney Concert Hall photos, visit my regular website.

No comments: