Monday, July 02, 2007

West Baden Springs Hotel



I used a vintage black and white shot of the West Baden Springs Hotel to help me do this painting. I was volunteering as a tour guide during the restoration of this hidden Indiana gem, which has just reopened for business. The recent opening black-tie gala was a smashing success, and the ol’ gal probably looks better today than she did over 100 years ago when she first opened. One of these days I hope to tackle the huge painting of the atrium that I sketched out almost 10 years ago!

See more of my art at my main website.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful painting of the West Baden Hotel! I grew up outside of French Lick and ran Cross Country on the hotel grounds. I watched the hotel turning to ruins and grateful to see it brought back to life. You did a fantastic job at capturing the natural beauty and elegance.

Kindest regards,

Tom Roach
Host - The Osmond Hour
WBNR-DB / myBNR.com
tom@mybnr.com