Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Little Shirley



70 years after the fact, most people today probably do not realize how famous Shirley Temple was back in the 1930’s. Imagine bigger than Madonna. Or Britney. Or even Lindsay. Back then, celebrities were positive role models, and this little girl was a beacon of light during a very dark period known as the Depression. She saved 20th Century Fox from bankruptcy and kept a weary nation smiling. This is one of my favorite poses by her, before she became a more manufactured and engineered actress.

See more of my art at my main website.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful likeness of Shirley! I for one do know how popular she was and still is in this house! Take a look at my collection to see just how much so!

http://www.proud-collector.com/47/1/collection.aspx