Sunday, October 12, 2008

Disneyland, February 1971, pt. 2



Welcome to Frontierland, pardners, circa 1971! Our photographer took his first Frontierland shot at Fowler’s Harbor, with the Columbia resting up in between journeys. Always one for equal time, I wouldn’t want to leave out the Mark Twain:





Over on Tom Sawyer’s Island, let’s take a look at Tom Sawyer’s Shack, shall we?





Rotating around the Island just a bit, we can see the Old Mill from another angle:



See more vintage & current Frontierland photos at my regular website.

4 comments:

The Viewliner Limited said...

This whole area od Disneyland was always a favorite of mine so much to see. Great posts. Thank you.

Katella Gate said...

I miss the old Island. When I was a kid, it was adventurous. When I was a teenager, it was romantic. When I was "in my youth", it was picturesque. Now that these old shacks are gone and replaced by a concrete stage, the area is now simply "profitable".

outsidetheberm said...

Echo that, Katella Gate.

Thank you, Dave.

Daveland said...

Glad you all like these. For some reason, the folks at Imagineering seem to have a rough time creating a "rough" looking Frontierland. Everything is way too polished, whereas back in the 50s, it truly looked rustic.