Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The Red Wagon Inn, December 26, 1955



From December, 1955 comes this shot of the Red Wagon Inn on Main Street. In 1965, it was changed to the Plaza Inn. The 1890’s decor is authentic, including the stained glass ceiling, entrance hall and foyer taken from the old St. James mansion in Los Angeles. I love this shot of the waiters holding the doors open, waiting for what would appear to be their first customer of the day.

See more Disneyland Red Wagon/Plaza Inn photos at my main website.

8 comments:

Matterhorn1959 said...

Hey Dave are you sure this is August? It appears there are some mighty big Christmas ornaments up on the Inn. I do like the wait staff opening the doors though!

Daveland said...

I was originally going to post something else today and forgot to change the date. Thanks for noticing!

Major Pepperidge said...

I found a big stack of Red Wagon Inn posters, they were just the right size to catch the oil drip under my car! ;-)

Matterhorn1959 said...

Major- did those posters come with a funky orange and black poster advertising the Frito Kid?

Daveland said...

Catching oil drips? That's sacreligious!

Major Pepperidge said...

Don't tell me you guys wanted those Fritos posters...I sold them to some sucker for $5 apiece. He bought all ten of them. That's $50 for me, ka-ching!

Matterhorn1959 said...

Nah I was more interested in those funny green posters with something about saucers. Or those with the tree and Stouffers cause I love Stouffers!!!

Chris Merritt said...

You guys are pure evil.