Friday, June 25, 2021

Friday Frontierland Fun


It’s February 1958 at Disneyland, and the dastardly villain Black Bart is up to no good in Frontierland…again! Sheriff Lucky appears to have things under control. I love seeing the reaction of the crowd, like this little boy covering his ears from the loud gunfight sounds.


…and the little girl wringing her hands with glee as Bart is captured.


If I had been there, I’d be the guy on his knees with the camera trying to get that unique angle of the fight! Wonder where those photos are today?


The next shot in the consecutive sequence is either from the next show, or Bart has managed to get away!


That red cowboy hat is everything.


See more vintage Disneyland Black Bart photos at my main website.

3 comments:

Fifthrider said...

Those hats... I used to have the blue Union officer cowboy hat but that red one with white trim was the quintessential hat to have. Nothing against the Keppy Kap but yeah,... I still have my 1970's Jungle Cruise hat with leopard hatband. I'll never surrender that.

Maybe "the hats of Disney" would be a good post? So many iconic ones in those first 10 years with the iron on patch that inevitably peeled loose years later.

Fifthrider said...

Lidsville, Disney version.

Daveland said...

Great idea on the hat post! I'll start working on that one.