Sunday, September 18, 2011
Top 10 Scariest Disney Film Moments, Pt. 1—Halloween Festival at Disneyland Paris
Guest columnist Jenny has prepared a 2-part post to get you in the mood for Halloween! The first photo for today's post, showing a Maleficent float in a Disneyland Paris parade, is from Sam Lavi.
With Halloween fast approaching, the Paris Disneyland Resort will be celebrating throughout the month of October with their Halloween Festival. To get you in the mood, we’ve listed the top 10 scariest Disney film moments of all time that have had viewers cowering behind their sofas.
10. Dumbo – Pink Elephants The clowns drop some whiskey in Dumbo’s water bucket and the poor elephant gets drunk. Dumbo then has some weird hallucinations, which involve pink coloured elephants dancing around. It’s not scary in the conventional way but it’s just incredibly bizarre.
9. Mickey and the Beanstalk – Donald Duck goes Crazy In Disney’s retelling of the classic Jack and the Beanstalk story, it all becomes too much for Donald as he is forced to share one bean with Mickey and Goofy. Donald goes crazy, eating his plate and silverware before grabbing an axe and attempting to kill the cow in the garden. Mickey and Goofy manage to get the axe off him just in the nick of time.
8. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs – Transformation of the Wicked Queen Jealous that her magic mirror keeps stating Snow White is the ‘fairest of them all’, the Wicked Queen uses a magic potion to transform herself from icy beauty to an old crone in order to trick Snow White. Her hands become bony and pointy, her nose grows and she looks truly hideous. Enough to scare anyone!
7. The Lion King – Mufasa’s Death The death of Mufasa is both shocking and terrifying. The King of the Jungle is betrayed by his brother Scar, before being trampled to death by a stampede of wildebeests. Not only that, but the whole thing is witnessed by poor little Simba. (Note: Be sure to check out the new Lion King 3D version in theaters. Don't delay; you have less than two weeks before its limited theatrical run ends!)
6. Sleeping Beauty – Maleficent When visiting Sleeping Beauty’s Castle on Disneyland Paris holidays, you better hope the evil Maleficent is not hanging around. One scene in the film shows her standing in a dark fireplace with just the knob of her staff glowing bright green and her evil eyes staring back at you. Creepy!
The Top 10 Disney Film Moments, Part Two, will be with you on Sunday 25th September, so prepare to be even more spooked…
Here's a photo of Donald and Mickey at Disneyland Paris, by Loren Javier. I'd hate to leave you all with nightmares!
But wait, there's more! Here's another recipe in commemoration of the September 20th 70th Anniversary Blu-ray release. Just click on the photo to download the pdf recipe for Mini Corn Dog Muffins:
Still want more? How about a FREE pair of collectible kid-sized "Lion King" 3D glasses (recommended for children 8 years and under)? Two lucky Daveland readers will win a pair; just leave a comment on today's post (before Monday, 9/19 at noon) and you'll be entered into a drawing to receive these way cool golden peepers!
Follow my Daveland updates on Twitter. See more Disneyland Paris photos on my Disneyland Paris web page.