Monday, February 08, 2010

Layering: Frontierland-style!



When I hear about layering and Disneyland, my mind typically goes to Tomorrowland, where at one time the Skyway, Monorail, and Submarines were all traveling at the same time, with the motion of the Autopia, Motorboats, & Matterhorn within spitting distance (literally!). That’s a lot of action! In this vintage undated photo, we see a lot of layering going on in Frontierland: The Mine Train attraction, a Stagecoach, and way up yonder are some guests riding the Pack Mules. In addition, this area also saw the Conestoga Wagons meandering through its barren pathways.

If you look closely towards the top of the photos, you can see a little detail of a miniature pueblo community on top of the rocks:



Kinda' like Storybook Land, only western-style!

See more Disneyland Frontierland photos at my regular website.

2 comments:

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

I'll file this under "Wow - Wednesdays"! I never knew that miniature pueblo community was up on those rocks! I wonder how long that lasted?

Your vivid description of "our" Tomorrowland sure makes me miss it...

TokyoMagic! said...

The perspective of the miniature pueblos always seems a little "off"....sort of like the sheep that were on top of Cascade Peak. I wonder if that is why both were so short-lived.