Saturday, July 14, 2007

Time Machine: Castle Rock



For all you Tom Sawyer Island fans, here are some vintage views of Castle Rock, kicking it off with an undated 1950’s shot. I especially like the lady on the right in her bright white sailor hat. The next view is from July 1960. Although I’ve posted it before, I thought I’d include it again with this collection.



Shot #3 with a similar view shoots us forward to June 1964, with a little bit of Cascade Peak in the background.



Our final view of Castle Rock for today is dated July 1967; this time, the lady on the right is dressed a little more formally; she looks slightly out of place on the island, as does our bouffant-ed miss on the left.



See more vintage & current Disneyland Tom Sawyer Island photos at my main website.

1 comment:

Major Pepperidge said...

I'll bet all of those people knew who Tom Sawyer is!