Friday, July 20, 2007

Chicken of the Sea & Skull Rock Cove



This November 1955 shot would be so obviously vintage even if it weren’t in black and white. The little girl in her crisply pressed outfit is nowhere to be found in Fantasyland today. Next up is a grainy closeup from 1955 of the menu posted in front of the ship.



From January 1968 comes this set of COTS and Skull Rock photos, including a detailed shot of the Skull Rock Cove exit sign.











See more vintage Disneyland Chicken of the Sea restaurant photos at my main website.

3 comments:

Matterhorn1959 said...

Great image of skull rock. I also like the black and white shot with the girl in the frilly dress.

Anonymous said...

That last shot, of the guy at the ship's wheel, REALLY dates it as 1968. I was a senior in high school that year, and that is EXACTLY how I dressed: Low cut sweater over a white turtle-neck dickey. I still have pictures of me, from that year dressed just like that.

Anonymous said...

Not only is the girls outfit too "crisp" the mother's is too formal, as well!