Friday, August 27, 2021

Soaring Over The Sea


The Chicken of the Sea, that is. This July 1968 shot taken from a Skyway bucket shows so much! Look at all the guests exploring the deck, including the little varmint on the right who appears to be a tad too close to the edge of the ship. I wonder how many kids tried to climb up the ropes?


Here you can see all the Skyway buckets circulating through the nearby Fantasyland Skyway station, and a cast member walking through the hills of Storybook Land:


This May 1968 image shows the Chicken of the Sea Mermaid:


What a beauty; note the blond tresses cascading behind her:


Also from 1968 is this shot of the ship, with cannons ready to fire!


See more vintage Disneyland Chicken of the Sea Restaurant photos at my main website.

4 comments:

Fifthrider said...

Beautiful. There's another attraction I visited once, and always assumed would still be there when I came back the next time.

"Lou and Sue" said...

Fantastic pictures, and a beautiful shot of the mermaid!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics, Dave. A favorite spot.

I always thought that the mermaid and tinkerbelle were related somehow. Cousins maybe.

I can only spot one trash can, one of the nice striped ones.

JG

Major Pepperidge said...

Wow, I love that view of the mermaid. So sad that she's gone, even though she was a corporate mascot.