Friday, August 13, 2021

1940's Colonial Williamsburg


Today’s trio hails from 1947 and shows Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia. I have no idea what the building is in the first shot (bad blogger); since it’s the first sequential shot in the batch I acquired, it could even be from Fredericksburg. I CAN, however, definitively say that the next one is the Governor’s Palace: 


Still there when I visited in 2017:


A 1940s view of the rear of the Palace:


…and how it looked in 2017:


As a final note before the weekend, if you’re superstitious, you might want to avoid anyone that looks like this who goes by the name Mrs. Voorhees:


Especially if you’re near a lake.

See more Colonial Williamsburg photos at my main website.

4 comments:

Fifthrider said...

Happy Friday the 13th to you too. ...and Jason's mom.

Nanook said...

But... I'd be happy to join Betsy Palmer at the original Biltmore in Palm Springs-! Happy Friday the 13th, indeed.

Crystal Lake Camp said...

Come, Dave.

It'll be easier for you, than it was for Jason.

Daveland said...

Mrs. Voorhees hijacked my Williamsburg post!