Thursday, August 19, 2021

Colonial Williamsburg: Fine Millinery


Ladies, do you need a new hat? How about the Fine Millinery shop in Colonial Williamsburg? These November 1955 images show a charming young lady eager and ready to assist you in store located on the Duke of Gloucester Street.


Another view of the shop from April 1956:


Let’s zoom in for the signage; I can’t help myself.


Same shop, from November 1955, with a different employee dressed in period garb:


The shop was still there during my 2017 visit, but appears to have lost its decorative signage that surrounded the top window:


See more Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia photos at my main website.

1 comment:

Fifthrider said...

It's nice to see historical buildings that are real, and not theme park replicas. Unfortunate about the signage change. That's rare to see even a historical landmark with exterior painted signs. I can't really think of one time I've ever seen that.