Monday, May 03, 2021

Marmont Monday: Room 44


I actually finished my taxes early so that I could squeeze in another stay at the Chateau Marmont on Sunset Boulevard. As my readers know, this place is my addiction. I was pretty stoked to have a room I had not stayed in before.


There were so many things that raced through my mind when I saw this on the notepad in my room:


One of the first things I did was to take a photo in the same area Anthony Perkins did back in the 1960’s:


Willis had to be front and center. Of course I am wearing my Disneyland Hauntd Mansion Fandana from Going to Guides’ etsy shop.


There were still signs of the pandemic. The garage was still self-park, which makes me somewhat nervous. I don’t know how the valets do it, as the spaces are tight as hell.


Occupancy was still being held to 25%. These branded floor stickers for distancing were in the common spaces:


The living room area restaurant was still lovely, but also still closed.


Typical Willis while at the Chateau: don’t bother me. I’m enjoying the bed.


Typical Willis #2 at the Chateau: give me treats from the table.


It was great to see Amanda and Kamy, who I had not seen at the same time since their wedding a little over a year ago. If Willis looks annoyed, it’s because even though there were more people at the table with us, the treats did not increase exponentially.


Every morning began with a swim in the pool.


I assume the unicorn was to keep the waters pure for the safety of the guests.


Willis was very well behaved while I did my laps.


The view from my room was fab, whether it was day:



Or night:


Breakfast during the week had to be room service. I can deal with that.


…especially with my little buddy beside me.


See more Chateau Marmont photos at my main website.

3 comments:

Fifthrider said...

Very cool to see you both getting another trip in. I'm often fearful my "next trip" anywhere I frequent will be my last. Have they made any changes to how they plan to operate in the future? ( Private, closed to the public, etc. )

Stefano said...

These photos are a mini vacation in themselves.

"Dial'O" might have been John O'Hara's original title for "Butterfield 8".

I like the links to "Rebel Without a Cause"; Nicholas Ray was staying there during the making of the film, and would have had seen the same great view of "Rebel"s famous location ( and site of his brief walk-on part), Griffith Observatory.

coach said...

Dave,
I'd like to talk to you about purchasing a photo for my magazine. I can't find your phone number. Can you call me at 405-323-7893?
Elliot Johnson