Monday, May 10, 2021

Monday Miscellany


Today it’s back to the Palm Springs Biltmore Hotel, with a 1950’s color shot of singer/actor Tony Martin and his dancer/actress wife, Cyd Charisse. Get a load of that watch/jewelry on her wrist! Like any MGM star, Charisse was glamorous even off hours. Note the perfect manicure!


Martin was first married to Alice Faye from 1937-1941. His 1948 marriage to Charisse lasted until she died in 2008.

Back in San Diego, I found myself downtown near the Hotel Churchill and shot a few of these ground level shots. Here’s the vintage postcard I posted previously:


…and my contemporary shots. Not surprisingly, the surrounding area has changed and been built-up over the years.




It’s all in the details; for me, at least.


See more photos at my main website.

1 comment:

DBenson said...

Alice Faye then married Phil Harris, and that was another epically long union. She and Tony both learned something from that first marriage.