Wednesday, May 05, 2021

Hump Day on a Pack Mule


Just when I think I’m completely jaded as far as vintage Disneyland goes, a previously unseen view will pop up for sale. Such was the case with this August 1960 image, which a guest took while riding a pack mule, or possibly waiting for one. Nothing like a rear view of a mule and its rider to start your day. I wonder if the White Wings had a Frontierland gang to take care of those “accidents” along the way?

Here’s the next sequential shot in the duo of images; our photographer turned around to get this one:


Anybody need Blacksmithing or Wagon Repair? Just head on over to Rainbow Ridge:


This previously posted image from January 1965 gives you an overview of the area you have just seen.


As does this one from February 1964:


See more vintage Disneyland Pack Mule photos at my main website.

2 comments:

Fifthrider said...

A couple of months ago I had need to study/use just about every Frontierland image you had regarding rainbow ridge. I'm glad you said that one was new because I couldn't recall ever seeing that before.

Until now I'd never seen that drainage ditch to the side of the mule path either. "Drainage", but we know it has nothing to do with rain.

All great shots.

Anonymous said...

One of the lucky things working on that side of the Park is that I never was assigned to mules. At least that's what I thought at the time. I got the Mine Train instead. Hard work but some enjoyed it. Now I have horses of my own...by choice. Funny how life can work out. KS