Thursday, July 07, 2016

Staying in Paradise



The Paradise Pier Hotel was once the "value" hotel of the Disneyland Resort. Now, even its prices have soared out of the price range of the average Park-goer. Still, it is the "cheapest" of the three Resort properties. What do you get for your buck? Naturally, you get a Disney-themed room that is spic and span.







Themed bath products:



Sometimes you get tasty treats on the bed when you arrive:



For extra $$, you can get spectacular views:



...including one of its very expensive sister property, The Grand Californian:



The iconic Tower of Terror:



How about an even closer view?



DCA's Bear:



zooming in closer to see those teeth:



Paradise Pier:



Space Mountain, with the Howard Johnson hotel in the background:



At nighttime, it's even better:



In addition, when you stay at a Disneyland Resort Hotel, you get to go into the Park one hour early before the masses descend. You can get a lot done in an hour. Is it worth the cost? Only you can decide that one for yourself.

See more photos of the Paradise Pier Hotel at my main website.

10 comments:

DrGoat said...

Did the early entry thing back in '96 I think. It was well worth
it back then, there were about 30 people in the park for about a
half hour. Got some good pics of the castle with a mop bucket sitting
in front. Did get first in line at the Indiana Jones ride. Thinking
back, that was one of my best times at Disneyland. Among many.

Anthony "Pants" said...

Dave (or anybody), I'm wondering if you can offer me some advice. I'm planning our first trip to Disneyland this October. We've been to Disney World many times, having stayed at The Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian, and Beach Club.

For our Disneyland trip we were thinking of staying at The Disneyland Hotel. Do you think it would be a good choice for our first trip, or will it feel like a step-down compared to the deluxe resorts at Disney World?

Thanks in advance and I have always enjoyed your blog. Your photography and commitment to detail never ceases to amaze!

Daveland said...

Hi Anthony - Feel free to email me at dvdpicasso@aol.com and I will give you my 2 cents!

Matthew said...

B-E-A-UTIFUL photos Dave! Well done... well done indeed. Always wondered what the views are like from Paradise. Now I know.

Always your pal,
Amazon Belle

Anonymous said...

Dave, that last panorama is spectacular. I've considered this hotel in the past, but have been overruled for the banner properties.

I'm going to try again on the next trip. Thanks for the tips.

JG

Debbie V. said...

That second to the last photo really caught my eye because beyond Space Mountain you can see the real "mountains" of my youth around Mount Baldy etc. I'm not sure if that is Mt Baldy and it's way more developed than it used to be, but still. It was the view we kids would see driving home up Beach Blvd on a clear (rare) day - sometimes even snow on top.
Missing Disneyland and the "basin" as they called it in the smog reports.
I've never been to DCA but hopefully someday I will. I still remember the parking lot and the beloved trams filled with excited kids.

Sean and Kim Smith said...

Great photos, Dave! I love that nighttime shot! Just beautiful!
My husband and I are going to Disneyland next Wednesday, July 13th to celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary (yes, we have the same wedding date as Walt & Lily Disney) :D .

Anonymous said...

Exceptional pictures on today's post Dave. Wish I were there! KS

Daveland said...

Congrats Sean and Kim - hope you have a fantastic anniversary trip!

Matt G. said...

Those panoramas are marvelous!