Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Mickey Mouse Club Circus: The Grand Finale



It’s the big finish, folks! The end of the line for my Viewmaster Mickey Mouse Club Circus images. Image #1 is labeled as Prof. Keller “works” his big cats without gun or whip (uses tranquilizers instead!). #2 is Serenado, the musical horse that dances and plays chimes.



Pic #3 is titled “Sprung from the board, she is caught mid-air!”



And last (and in my opinion the very least) is Nollie Tate and his balancing dog.



In retrospect, it really isn’t too difficult to see why the circus was not a success. Disneyland achieves its success because it is different; who would want to sit in a tent for over an hour to see a semi-decent circus when there are all kinds of new and innovative attractions waiting outside the tent?

For more vintage Mickey Mouse Club Circus photos, visit my regular website.

1 comment:

Major Pepperidge said...

I agree, the idea of seeing a circus at Disneyland doesn't do much for me. As it is, I don't have time to do all the stuff I want to do in a day's visit! It even drives me crazy when I'm with people who want to stake out a good place to watch the fireworks, 90 minutes before they start!!