Monday, August 13, 2007

Disneyland Main Street commissioned painting



My current work-in-progress is a commissioned painting of Disneyland’s Main Street, circa 1950’s. This is the first time I’ve actually painted in at least 6 months or more. It’s always hard to mentally prepare myself to start again (ye olde mental block), but once I sit down and put the brush to the canvas, it’s even more difficult to get me to stop. Here’s my first day’s progress on the painting.

See more of my art at my main website.

1 comment:

Alexa said...

Matt Say,

WOW! What a great start to a very difficult piece. The artistic process is fascinating to me. How we being with such broad strokes of the brush and slowly bring in the detail. To watch an artist in action is truly a joy! Thank you for thinking of this idea and adding it to your blog.

I couldn't agree more with your mental block comments and how difficult it is to stop once we begin.