Saturday, June 16, 2007

Tippi Hedren



I think Tippi Hedren is one of the most clasically beautiful women ever to grace the silver screen. Her first two films showed great promise with her as an actress; with Hitchcock guiding EVERY step of the way, it appeared that her future in films was bright. However, due to his obsessiveness with her, their professional relationship unraveled, and her film career has pretty much languished ever since with lackluster performances and bad “B” movies. Still, she has made an amazing transition as a Wildlife Activist, putting an incredible amount of passion into this cause. So, in the meantime, we have a gallery of classic publicity stills that show off the most beautiful Hitchcock “Ice Blonde” on film. I have done many paintings of her, but this is definitely my favorite. Based on a Life Magazine cover, I cranked this one out quickly, which is what happens when I like what I am painting.

To see more of my paintings, visit my regular website.

No comments: