Guest columnist Jenny gives us part 2 today from her Top 10 Scariest Disney Film Moments series.
Before visiting Disneyland Paris take a look at our countdown of the top 10 scariest moments in Disney movies. Here are the top five…
5. 101 Dalmatians – Cruella De Vil Snaps The evil Cruella has a huge fur fetish but when she can’t find any dalmatian skin, she suddenly snaps and reveals her inner monster. Frantically driving after the lorry full of dalmatians, Cruella tries to knock them off the slippery roads with a face of thunder and eyes almost popping out of her head.
Snow White at Disneyland Paris, by Kate
4. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs – The Forest If the sight of a giant Huntsman looming over the defenceless Snow White with a huge dagger wasn’t scary enough, Snow White then runs away into the terrifying woods. In the forest she’s greeted by frightening owls, bats and alligators, as well as trees that are monsters and every branch is a petrifying hand. Experience the story for yourself at Eurodisney Paris by visiting the Blanche-Neige et les Sept Nains ride – if you dare!
Neige-et les Sept Nains at Disneyland Paris, by Loren Javier
3. Fantasia – A Night on Bald Mountain Many people find Fantasia both fascinating and terrifying and the final animation sequence, ‘A Night on Bald Mountain’ is probably the scariest of the lot. The chilling Chernabog manages to give you the creeps without even speaking. Summoning evil spirits from their graves, they dance and fly through the air before the sun forces them to retreat.
Ursula in the Disneyland Paris Parade, by Sam Lavi
2. The Little Mermaid – Ursula After accidently killing her beloved pets, Ursula gets angry – her eyes bulge and she grows into a super giantess in a bid to destroy her enemies and rule the ocean. The scene where she tries to kill Ariel and Eric, when rising from the ocean with the pair on top of her crown, is truly terrifying.
1. Pinocchio – Pleasure Island The boys find themselves locked on Pleasure Island and their indulgences lead to a wholly disturbing transformation into donkeys before they are shipped off in boxes to the salt mines. The demonic grin of the Coachman gets creepier by the scene and is by far the most haunting part of the sequence.
Now go and enjoy your Sunday...before I ship you off to the salt mines!
Follow my Daveland updates on Twitter. See more Disneyland Paris photos on my Disneyland Paris web page.