Thursday, April 04, 2024

No Changes For Pinocchio's Daring Journey



Before Disneyland had the Pinocchio’s Daring Journey attraction, there was the Mickey Mouse Club Theatre. Note the Mickey head in the Tournament Festival shield above the tent awning:



The same shot in genuine FauxD©:



Part of the 1983 Fantasyland remodel changing this piece of real estate into the dark ride that belong’s to our animated wooden friend who became a real little boy.



This shot was taken approximately eight years later on April 16, 1991 and shows Gepetto’s workshop, featured towards the end of the ride:



From January 2007, there doesn’t appear to be any change:



From May 2009, I shot this closeup of the musical wooden figures on the dresser/armoire. I wonder what’s inside that piece of furniture?



Same kettle, figures, and clocks in May 2012:



October 2014:



February 2016:



Even the rocking horse seen in 1991 is still here, as of May 2016:



If you’re averse to change, this attraction may be the one for you!

See more Pinocchio's Daring Journey photos at my main website.

3 comments:

Fifthrider said...

As a patron of the parks, you take a lot for granted. As a person who keeps a clean house, I see a lot of dusting to be done. We never think about it but someone probably goes through here with a swiffer once or twice a month and cleans all those clocks, that dresser and so on. Unfortunately when I was a kid we never went into the Mickey Mouse Club Theatre so I'll never know what was in there personally, only through old YouTube videos. From what I've seen, I'm glad they added Pinocchio instead. Still waiting on the Bambi shooting arcade gallery though.

Daveland said...

I think the Bambi attraction is part of the DisneylandBackward project.

Fifthrider said...

LOL!