Monday, January 21, 2019

A Day at Disneyland, August 1967



Sometimes the most fun part of acquiring these vintage slide collections is trying to figure out the story behind them. This August 1967 set could go a few different ways. How about I just present the facts as I see them and let your vivid imaginations do the rest? This group/family poses in front of the Rolly Crump New Tomorrowland Ticket Booth with the Submarine Attraction Blue Monorail behind them. I can hear you readers now. “Hey Dave! Can you zoom into the pockets of those two dudes so we can see the ticket books?” Already tried. Just a blurry mess.

The next shot in the sequence shows the Yellow Monorail:



Nothing like a 1960s big blonde bouffant on the Snow White attraction in Fantasyland:



The two gents from our group seem only semi-excited to be on the Disneyland Railroad car as it exits the New Orleans Station.



This time I will zoom into the pocket for you. This guy already ate through his E tickets.



Looking back at New Orleans Square as the train pulls out of the station:



In Town Square the gents get caught by a Keystone Kop:



To the left you can just barely see the interior of the Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln attraction:



Last one of my set shows Doug & Jim. Doug's tattoo would make it appear that he was 13 when he got it. I'd say Doug is still pretty close to age 13 in this shot. Jim decided to keep his age to himself.



Doug isn't in any of the shots I acquired, but he did appear in this one that slipped through my fingers. He sure knew how to make a pompadour!



I REALLY hated that I missed this one, too.



That's the way the cookie crumbles.

See more vintage Disneyland photos at my main website.

2 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Very nice photos; one fun detail... you can see that the tickets have the short-lived "castle and stars" safety paper rather than the more familiar Globe design.

Max said...

doug + jim forever