Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Mickey Mouse Club Circus: The Grand Finale


It’s the big finish, folks! The end of the line for my Viewmaster Mickey Mouse Club Circus images. Image #1 is labeled as Prof. Keller “works” his big cats without gun or whip (uses tranquilizers instead!). #2 is Serenado, the musical horse that dances and plays chimes.



Pic #3 is titled “Sprung from the board, she is caught mid-air!”



And last (and in my opinion the very least) is Nollie Tate and his balancing dog.



In retrospect, it really isn’t too difficult to see why the circus was not a success. Disneyland achieves its success because it is different; who would want to sit in a tent for over an hour to see a semi-decent circus when there are all kinds of new and innovative attractions waiting outside the tent?

Follow my Daveland updates on Twitter. For more vintage Mickey Mouse Club Circus photos, visit my regular website.

1 comment:

Major Pepperidge said...

I agree, the idea of seeing a circus at Disneyland doesn't do much for me. As it is, I don't have time to do all the stuff I want to do in a day's visit! It even drives me crazy when I'm with people who want to stake out a good place to watch the fireworks, 90 minutes before they start!!