Thursday, August 22, 2024

Thursday at the Bazaar



This undated 1950s image shows the outdoor seating area for the Adventureland Tropical “Saloon” and Cantina, which would eventually become the I  Presume Sunkist beverage and snack area, and then Bengal Barbecue. I see an interesting selection of gifts from the Bazaar on the shelves; the writing on the wall on the right of the detailed image seems to say something about “stuff from south seas.” I want to know what that flyer is on the right.



In this detailed view you can see a healthy selection of the Jumbo postcards; that would most likely put this image around 1956.



For an inside peek at the Bazaar, here’s a genuine FauxD© image from the 1960s:



See more Disneyland Adventureland Bazaar photos at my main website.

2 comments:

Fifthrider said...

As a child I didn't appreciate it, but as an adult I wish I could shop there and really appreciate what's on the shelves. Rolly had a great chapter in his book about the redux of this shop. It's always great to see anything from those 55-64 years then Rolly's 64 thereafter. That turtleshell sign... You'd never see that today, not even a replica. Interesting that a CM has a cup on the counter by the register. Another thing you wouldn't see today, but in my opinion probably should. Let them enjoy their day.

Nanook said...

I agree with Fifthrider - oh to be able to go back to these shops back then and drool-over the merchandise. What a treasure-trove of goodies were to be found. (The 'handled' paper cup) is a nice touch.