Thursday, October 27, 2022

The Haunted Mansion for Halloween, Pt. 2



Part Two of my Halloween Haunted Mansion series begins with this cute (?) little brass bat detail used for the stanchions when you exit the elevator. While this light fixture below screams Home Depot, the custom wall detail of the scary face with gnashing teeth makes up for it!



The elevator door is still open, and the guests have all exited to proceed down the changing portrait hallway.



Me…I often linger to get my photos. Much to the chagrin of the ghost host.



One of my favorite changing portraits: Medusa!



I wonder how many guests racing towards the Doombuggies miss the effect of these busts?



Here’s a genuine FauxD© approximation for those of you who don’t stop to “smell the roses”:



As you turn the corner, the view as you look back towards the revolving busts:



Another chandelier overhead for Lou & Sue:



The anticipation increases as you get closer to your Doombuggy:



This cast member was either caught blinking or is mid-trance. For the purposes of this post, I’ll go with the latter.



See more Disneyland Haunted Mansion photos at my main website.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though I went to Disneyland as a kid (I was 9), I was too chicken to ride The Haunted Mansion! Since then, I've been to Walt Disney World many times and ridden their version more times than I can count. I still regret skipping the original, though. Thanks for the detailed tour!

Anonymous said...

I've always been one to linger in the Portrait Hall and studying the busts.

I remember being really surprised at how the "following" effect was achieved.

I won't say any more so I don't spoil it for Stu.

Thank you Dave.

JG

Fifthrider said...

Those pictures are pixelated gold. I'm sure the patience and timing are the key, but they look so abandoned I'd swear you're using a bunch of "enforcers" to clear a path for you. Hello new desktop wallpapers!