Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Rainbow Ridge, 1970’s: Pt. 1



Recently, I was fortunate enough to acquire a set of undated (but most likely 1970’s) slides of Rainbow Ridge that any Nature’s Wonderland fanatic would be pretty stoked to see. So without any further rattling of my gums, here goes. Just a few shots per day, folks. Greedy readers please step to the back of the line.



This one is my favorite; I swear this photographer could hear my voice from the future: “Get a nice juicy closeup of that Sheriff Lucky poster! I want to be able to see the staples!”



See more Disneyland Nature’s Wonderland Mine Train photos at my website.

5 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

The Sheriff Lucky poster is interesting, the drawing sure looks like the Black Bart character from the 50's (complete with ace of spades in his top hat), but they call him (among other things) "Polock Joe"!

Kevin Kidney said...

Ha! Polock Joe! I love it.
The color on these images is excellent.

Sam Towler said...

These are fantastic images, the color is great--the first image almost looks like a modern day shot!

TokyoMagic! said...

These are great. Can't wait (but I will...and patiently) to see more!

That "wanted" poster looks just like the ones from the old Ghost Town print shop at Knott's. The layout is pretty much identical...the placement of the picture, the reward and the list of alias'. My brother and I had the Knott's versions with our own names on them hanging in our bedrooms for years!

thepicklebarrel said...

They did sell these in the Frontierland and main St. print shops. I have a few.


They had Black Bart and other male and female characters to choose from. You had "Chinky Chinstein", "Slomo Gonzolas", "Drunkie McGuinness" or any other racist names custom printed onto the poster.

Gotta love vintage Disneyland!